My name is Brian Donnelly and welcome to Orbis, a multi-award winning service. I offer bespoke support and guidance to help create environments where children and young people can thrive. Through a values-based approach to relationships and behaviour, I build confidence, knowledge, and skills in adults and in children and young people.
I do not offer a fixed package but instead work in partnership to meet your needs. Each partner gets a service based on their needs at the time and their priorities. For some this is training, for others it is 1-2-1 support and coaching for staff, pupils or families. For others it is policy development and implementation or consultation.
I work with schools, local authorities and organisations to impliment a consistent and informed approach to relationships and behaviour.
I offer a diverse range of services that reflect my experience leading and developing services in Scotland. I am a well known figure in anti-bullying in Scotland and across the UK having been the strategic lead for Scotland for 10 years as Director fo respectme, from 2007 till 2017.
I have a considerable amount of expertise in both Anti-Bullying and in helping adults develop and implement approaches to challenging and distressing behaviour. My background in residential child care underpins my approach to relationships and behaviour.
I have been involved at a Service, Policy and Strategic level in relation to Children and Young People’s Mental Health for many years. My work is driven by a sound working knowledge of Equality and Diversity and how this impacts practice and policy at a local and national level.
I am leading on innovative work with football coaches on developing and reframing their role as practitioners that work with children and creating a strategic vision to encompass this work.
I have already helped many schools consult and engage with stakeholders and develop new policies that reflect the views and experiences of the school community. I deliver workshops to pupils, engage with and help parents, grandparents and carers as well as offer my very popular CPD sessions to staff.
I support local authorities and organisations to develop policy. I have engaged with parents and communities on a number of issues and delivered analysis and recommendations to local authorities.
I have developed and devised training and policy on workplace bullying and have supported individuals and advised organisations where this has been an issue or an allegation.
I offer training, CPD events, Policy development and tailored consultancy services in the following areas:
- The Optimal Relationships and Behaviour In Schools programme – from values to practice.
- Anti-Bullying – direct work with children and young people as well as parents and professionals
- Behaviour Management and Trauma-Informed approaches
- Managing challenging and distressing behaviour – Trauma informed approaches and skills as well as policy development
- Policy Development and Review – Including Equality and Diversity Impact Assessments
- Parental Engagement
- Equality and Diversity – both form a training and a policy and procedure development perspective
- Public Speaking and Conference Chair
- Workplace bullying – skills development, improving practice and policy development
- Children and Young People’s Mental Health
- Online Safety – for adults and young people
- Children’s Rights
- Business Planning and Review
- Developing Strategy
- Leadership and Management development
I am flexible and skilled and can tailor a package to meet your needs. I am happy to discuss this further with you and look forward to working with you.
Welcome to my site